|Coastal Veterinary Surgical Services
801 Poquonnock Rd
Groton, CT 06340
Offering Safe and Comfortable surgical care for your pets with over 30 years experience and 21st century technology.
Safety through anesthetic protocols that maintain your pets blood pressure and minimize stress on the heart, liver and kidneys. Monitoring and maintaining normal respiration, blood pressure, EKG and body temperature throughout surgery. Experienced anesthetists. After-hours monitoring and care.
Comfort through the use of various forms of analgesics:
- non-steroidal anti-inflammatories minimize swelling and pain
- pre-surgical sedatives and pain medications relax your pet
- continuous IV infusions of potent analgesics prevent breakthrough pain
- transdermal pain patches last days after surgery
- local anesthetic infusions during and after surgery keep your pet
comfortable and speed recovery
- gentle, precise tissue handling reduces swelling and pain
- laser surgery to seal nerves, blood vessels and minimize pain
Starting at your pets’ nose, the following surgeries are available:
- nostrils, nasal sinuses
- lips, tongue, gums, jaw and facial
- upper airway – tonsils, soft palate,
- facial tumors, skin folds
- eyelid tumors and corrective surgery, enucleation
- ear surgery from simple tumors to total ear canal ablation and otoscopic laser surgery (sorry, we do not crop ears)
- bullous ostectomy to drain chronic ear infection and remove masses
- tumors of the neck including thyroid tumors and other deep masses and lymph node biopsies
- tumors and wounds of all sizes affecting the body and limbs
- abdominal surgery – spaying, caesarian section, tumors; surgery of the liver, gall bladder, stomach, intestines, colon and rectum, kidneys, spleen,
pancreas, uterus, bladder,etc.
- urogenital system – urethrostomy, phallopexy, neutering, episioplasty
- rectal tumors and anal sacs
- orthopedic surgery – fractures, knee injuries (ACL tears,etc), hip dysplasia, luxating patellas (knee caps),etc
- declawing using laser excision
- routine spaying and neutering
Ask if your pet needs surgery not listed here.